Sunday, May 26, 2013

3rd Place!

In competition with 10 other meads my Cranberry & Spice mead took 3rd place in this weekend's competition.

My average score between 3 judges was 36.66/50, scored according to the American Homebrewer's Association score sheet. While not an AHA/BJCP sanctioned competition, one of the 3 judges was a BJCP qualified judge, and his score of my mead was 40/50.

Overall, I'm quite pleased. I got some valuable feedback and picked up a few hints and new ideas.

The mead that I liked the best was a Birch Mead that placed second in the competition. It had a very pleasant minty flavour to it.


Given that this was only the second batch I had ever brewed and there was some good competition, I was quite happy to have placed 3rd.

Some of the comments from the judges were:
"nice colour, nice sweetness"
"Clean, very drinkable"
"Well balanced Mead, it is very drinkable, and interesting throughout"

My first brewing competition, a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment